As a new decade begins, I’m leaving some things behind:
- my best friend (and her death),
- my sister (and the hurt and anger that comes with her),
- my dear friend michael (and the roller coaster that came with him),
- my ridiculous sense of insecurity and worry.
As a new decade begins, I’m carrying bits and pieces of the above mentioned with me:
- Gratitude, for good days and better times
- Gratitude, for the lessons learned
- Gratitude, for letting go
- Gratitude, for feeling seen and heard and valued
- Gratitude, for becoming me, and accepting myself just as I am.
In this new year, I will be myself. Nothing more, nothing less…just me.